Monday, September 12, 2005

Podcasting - Help!:
Dave and I did the first sound test for the podcast, and... it did not go well. Truthfully, I didn't expect it was going to be that easy. Basically, I was hoping to be able to get it all done with Audacity and a $10 mic that I bought at Circuit City. But the mic has noise reduction and needs to be right next to the podcaster, and Dave and I were hoping for more of a back and forth thing, and Audacity seems to only accept one input.

So... anyone out there got any advice? I'm hoping to stay under $100 in terms of investment, and ideally less than $20-30 would be great. My next thought is to get a headphone USB set for one of us so that we each have our own mic, but then I need a software program that accepts two mic inputs simultanteously. I have no idea where to go here, and while I'm sure I'll be Google searching, the sheer amount of information out there means it may take me a while to get into it.

So if anybody out there is doing a multi-person podcast and not using professional recording equipment or something similar and can tell me what they're using and where to procure it, I would be very appreciative and certain to give you a shout-out in the first podcast at the very least.

No comments: