Thursday, September 29, 2005

I Am Weak - Part Two:
HBO is not the only thing I have been wanting but holding off on for quite some time. In fact, there are probably a number of such things. One of them, I gave in and bought last week.

See, I had an interest in the PSP even when the rumors started. I've only ever had a Gameboy (first generation) in terms of portable consoles, but I enjoyed it when I had it, even if I've never really sought out another one. I don't travel all that much, so I don't really *need* a portable game console, but I wanted one. Especially when I started hearing about and seeing the PSP.

Still, the "don't really need it" factor was winning out. I managed to resist when one of my customers brought his in and showed off how cool the games looked and how sharp the screen was for movies, despite being so small. However, a combination of a bit of money (earmarked for a new laptop that I decided I didn't need) and my friend Tess buying one and showing it off finally broke my will. I'll tell you what the last straw was: She had Burnout: Legends, which is more or less a port of Burnout 3 (one of my absolute favorite PS/2 games) onto the PSP. That was it, and I went and bought one.

Haven't had the chance to use it much yet, but I still love it.

No comments: