Thursday, September 08, 2005

I Bitch A Lot:
...about all the stuff I love that doesn't sell, so it seems only fair to point out when something I love *does*, too. Maybe all these folks jazzed for the bookstore market and what it means for indies are not being pollyanna (as I had begun to suspect) but are actually onto something. Because Tricked, the long-awaited (and worth the wait) follow-up to Box Office Poison by Alex Robinson, has sold 10,000 copies.

Aw hell yeah. This also gets me thinking... maybe working comics retail is the wrong place for me, and I need to start looking into working at an honest-to-God bookseller where the indy-minded folks seem to mostly be shopping these days. Except that starting at the bottom at yet another retail job, especially one that is largely focused on "not comics," seems like a suicide-inducing endeavor.

No comments: