Sunday, September 11, 2005

More Recent TV:
Well, last night I finally watched the first couple episodes of Rome, and I have to say, I like it. It's not as strong as Deadwood, but it is comparable, evoking a period well but having a modern sensibility and lacing the story with plenty of sex and bad language to make it palatable to a more casual audience. I'm particularly interested in the political machinations, and I love the raucous version of the Roman senate. In addition, Titus Pollus is a *great* character, and I really like the actor who plays him so far.

Even better, while watching the promos that ran after the show, I discovered that Curb Your Enthusiasm's new season and Ricky Gervais's new show Extras both premiere in two weeks. If they conflict with Family Guy's time slot, that might be the last time I watch Family Guy for a while.

No comments: