Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Orleans:
I'm honestly feeling sort of emotionally numb in regards to the New Orleans hurricane. It hasn't affected me personally (I was happy to learn that my friends and their family got out and are staying with friends in Houston), but just seeing the devastation and hearing about what's going on out there... it's just hard to comprehend.

Which isn't to say that I'm wandering about depressed or lost, or that I can't think about anything else, but what's going on there is sort of always in the back of my thoughts. I've made my donation to the Red Cross, and would definitely suggest that anyone who can manage it do the same. They're set up for credit card donations on the Internet, so it's remarkably easy and painless if you can spare the money. Newsarama has an article on the many ways that folks can help out.

No comments: