Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Actually, it really is cool:
I know a lot of folks have some sort of beef with Ain't It Cool News, but I'm a supporter, partly because I live in Austin and so I feel like it's a local site, partly because I have a friend who writes comic reviews for the site and partly because, from time to time, the geeky style of the site hits me just right.

Which isn't to say that AICN doesn't occasionally annoy the shit out of me, or that the Talkbacks aren't some of the more diseased message boards on the Internet. But all that sort of fades away when you see Harry posting with sympathetic glee about a 12-year-old film-loving girl in Austin who just got a $1000 grant to do her first zombie movie. 12. Years. Old.

I don't care who you are, if that story doesn't make you smile, then you have no heart.

No comments: