Monday, August 15, 2005

Car Trouble:
I'm pretty good about taking my car in to get the oil changed, every 3,000 miles or so. But the car is getting older, and seems to be developing some... well, let's call them quirks. Twice in the last half-dozen oil changes, the mechanic has told me that the oil was either or basically gone, despite the fact that I hadn't waited any longer than usual to bring it in. The other four times, it was fine.

A few months ago, I started getting warnings from my car that the antifreeze was low. So, after much delay, I finally went out, bought some antifreeze and distilled water, and refilled the thing according to the owner's manual. Worked fine, but then last week, it started giving me the same warning. Seemed odd, but I refilled it again. And then, yesterday, not even a week later, it started warning me again. So I go to check the oil and find that it is very, very low again.

Guess it's oil change time today, a little ahead of schedule. The 90,000 mile checkup is coming, and I'm guessing that they're going to find something expensive when they do that check. Jeez. Maintenance, inspection, gas prices at 2.30 and rising... when is someone going to invent my water-powered flying car, already?

No comments: