Monday, September 15, 2008

The Scariest Thing I've Seen in the Polls

Seeing McCain pull ahead in popular and electoral votes is terrifying enough. But from the recent poll in Ohio, I see this:

"More respondents identify with Sarah Palin than with the other candidates. Asked which of the four candidates is "most like you," 31 percent said Palin, followed by Obama (22 percent), McCain (21 percent), and Biden (13 percent)."

So this country is... mostly like Sarah Palin? Crazy religious, gun-happy, willfully ignorant of history and politics but not smart enough to allow that ignorance to keep them *out* of those arenas?

Shit. That actually sounds about right.

Man, I thought I was getting pissed off during the 2004 elections. But seeing a Republican pull into the lead after two terms of Bush, and the shockingly low approval ratings, is maybe the most frustrating thing I've had to deal with for a while.

After Bush won in '04, I spent a week wanting to throw rocks through the windows of all those assholes driving around with Bush/Cheney '04 stickers in town. This time, I'm more likely to want to throw hand grenades.

No comments: