Saturday, April 29, 2006

Weekly Comics to Come - May 3, 2006:

ALREADY READ:
Annihilation Silver Surfer #2 (So far, enjoying this cosmic superhero epic, although I can't help but feel that it's being planned as far too long)
Exiles #80 (Focus on Blink, and a continuation of the World Tour story, which I've been enjoying)
Gotham Central Vol 3 Unresolved Targets Tp (This contains my favorite Gotham Central story of the whole series... hope the rest of the series gets collected, but even if it doesn't, this is a good enough stopping point)
Sandman Mystery Theatre Vol 4 The Scorpion Tp (At this point, it seems very likely that all of the Sandman Mystery Theatre will get into print eventually. And that's great, because I love this pulp-Vertigo offering enough to re-buy trades even though I still have all my original issues)
Y The Last Man #45 (The Japan story is shedding interesting light on Dr. Mann, and I'm realizing that there's just over a year left until the end of the story)

HAVEN'T READ:
BPRD Universal Machine #2 (Great first issue, and this issue promises the origin of Daimio, which I'm very much looking forward to)
Civil War #1 (I'd really like to be wrong, but I suspect I'm going to hate this with a passion. But I do at least want to read it and give it a fair shot)
Concrete The Human Dilemma Tp (I'm two volumes behind on reading Concrete, but I'll still be picking this up, because it is a great series)
Detective Comics #819 (Not as hyped as I originally was for Robinson's back to basics Batman, but it's still good reading)
Eden: It's An Endless World Vol 3 (This post-apocalyptic action manga has been really good so far, with gorgeous art)
Fear The Dead Zombie Survivors Journal (Zombie pinups by a variety of great artists from Boom! Sounds fun)
Infinite Crisis #7 (Totally not my thing, but I've enjoyed it enough to keep reading... and enough to be interested in 52)
Joe Lansdales Drive In Vol 2 #1 (Lansdale's weird Texas horror series adapted well to comics the first go-round, I'm curious to see what more he's gonna do with it)
Marshal #1 (Original sci-fi concept from Dabel Brothers. Art looks great, but all their series have seemed a bit wordy and clunky to me so far)
Middleman Vol 2 #3 (Last issue was a bit weak, but because I've liked the rest of the series so much, I'll give it another chance)
Mouse Guard #2 (Great first issue, this looks like one of the few indy buzz hits of the moment)
Noble Boy One Shot (Scott Morse's painted story about Maurice Noble, animation pioneer and his mentor. More Morse painted goodness is always welcome)
Robotika #3 (Beautiful art, interesting setting... Archaia Studios has got an impressive line-up)

No comments: