Thursday, March 30, 2006

Blog Template Update for March
This is the latest monthly update to the left column of the blog, listing my Favorite Comics of the Month, which is my counterpart to Current Favorite TV series, as well as my ten favorite graphic novel reads of the month.

A couple things of note in how I organize these things, for those who care. These listings are alphabetical, not by rank of how much I liked them in comparison. My criteria for what makes the list is when I read them, not necessarily when they were published. And each month, I'm recommending twenty things that I read in the month instead of 10 ongoing series and 5 first issues. It's less useful as a gauge of my overall tastes, but more useful as a "must-read" for the month. Oh, and graphic novels won't be listed in Favorite Comics... that's strictly for issues.

I'm now including links to the Amazon listings for my top ten trades. I encourage folks to visit their local comic shops if that's an option, but if it's not and you want to click through on the link to buy at Amazon, I think I earn, like, a nickel or something for each purchase made. At any rate, in addition to my top ten, other trades I read and liked this month included La Perdida, Essential Arsenic Lullaby Vol. 2: The Donut Cometh, Planetes Vol. 3 and Northwest Passage Vol. 2.

Finally, the updates are for the month of March... April just barely started. So all my favorites will be anywhere from a week to a full month old, but these are meant to be sort of "standing" preferences anyway.

No comments: