Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekly Comics to Come - June 11, 2008

TOP FIVE
Amazing Joy Buzzards Vol 1 Here Come The Spiders GN (Re-released in one volume, one of the best comic books ever. Fans of Venture Brothers, and I know there are a lot of you, should not miss this book)
BPRD War On Frogs #1 (Flashback to poor, doomed Roger at his most interesting)
Local #12 (So where does Megan wind up? I can't wait to find out)
Secret Invasion Who Do You Trust (Best Secret Invasion issue yet... likely to be the best one, period. Great Wonder Man/Beast tale by Christos Gage and Mike Perkins, and an even better Agents of Atlas story by Jeff Parker & Leonard Kirk)

THE REST
Batman Confidential #18 (Kevin Maguire's art alone would keep me reading, but Nicieza's story of Catwoman and Batgirl's first meeting is kind of fun so far)
Booster Gold #10 (Love the character, digging the book, excited to see Chuck Dixon come aboard later on)
Captain Britain And MI 13 #2 (Still a bit rough, but has characters I like a lot and very nice art)
Chuck #1 (I like the show quite a bit... not sure I'll read the comic, but I might)
Freddie & Me Coming Of Age Bohemian Rhapsody GN (Mike Dawson, of Gabagool! fame, releases his much-buzzed-about autobiography/tribute to Queen... look for this one in the Eisners next year, based on what I've heard)
Hack Slash Series #12 (Always entertaining)
Invincible #50 (Not wild about the new costume, but I am looking forward to the culmination of a lot of stories, especially given how well Kirkman is doing something similar over at Walking Dead)
Skaar Son Of Hulk #1 (Greg Pak and Ron Garney do barbarian adventure with superhero/sci-fi overtones... good first issue)
Superior Showcase #3 (Adhouse's occasional superhero series is always a treat)
Tiny Titans #5 (My daughter is excited to be getting this this week)
Trinity #2 (I'll give it another issue or two to hook me... but every time Morgan Le Fay shows up, my interest wanes)
Vaistron Vol 1 TP (Loved the first issue of this book, so I'm picking up the trade to see where it goes)

No comments: