Friday, June 20, 2008

So Very Angry

I've managed to get myself into a place where I can view the utter corruption of our government by the Bush Administration with a sort of detached cynicism and dark humor. I don't spend every minute of every day angry, frustrated and wishing nothing more than for some kind of exploding deadly ball cancer to befall G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney and their numerous corporate and neocon overlords.

Only rarely. Like when Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath was going on.

Or when I see pictures like this.

All this young soldier wanted was to see his daughter. Who was born 11 days after he died in a pointless, ill-advisable war in Iraq that we never should have been in in the first place.

Next time you hear McCain say "It doesn't matter when they come home," think about this picture. And think about how many more dead soldiers it represents.

I wish I believed in Hell, so that I could believe the men who created this situation were going to burn there.

No comments: