Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekly Comics to Come - February 28, 2007

When I have real trouble narrowing down my top five, that forecasts a good comics week. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Archaia Studios has three books in the offing this week.

TOP FIVE
Jack Of Fables Vol 1 Nearly Great Escape Tp (The rare spinoff that's just as good as the series it sprung from)
Killer #3 (One of the best, most chilling comics I've ever read)
Okko Cycle Of Water #2 (Crazy Miyazaki-esque epic fantasy)
Runaways #24 (Essentially the last issue of Runaways for me, I'm guessing, as I don't have much interest in Whedon's 6-issue run)
Secret History Book One (The secret history of the world with beautiful artwork, I'm expecting another big success from Archaia)

THE REST
52 Week #43 (I have to admit, while some of the issues miss the mark for me, I'm pretty much hooked on a DC weekly now... I'll be checking out Countdown too)
Action Comics #846 (First issue good, second issue weak, third issue make or break for the Johns/Donner run...the upcoming fill-in story doesn't give me a lot of hope that it'll be great enough to stick around for through delays)
American Virgin #12 (Loving this series, hope it doesn't get cancelled)
City Of Others #1 (Bernie Wrightson on art in this Dark Horse horror mini)
Conan & The Midnight God #2 (First issue of this King Conan tale was pretty solid)
Crossing Midnight #4 (I'm just interested enough to keep reading, but still not completely drawn in)
Daredevil #94 (Brubaker reveals all about Daredevil's wife Milla, and I'm curious to see where he goes with it)
Doctor Strange Oath #5 (Vaughan's fun, hip Dr. Strange series, with terrific art by Marcos Martin, concludes)
Jack Of Fables #8 (Loved the first part of the Vegas series, looking forward to seeing more)
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #15 (The last Takeshi Miyazawa issue)
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic #14 (I'm an issue behind, but I've been digging this fun, action-packed series)
True Story Swear To God #4 (Issue behind on this one as well, but I still love it)
Walking Dead #35 (Last issue won me back over a little bit with a great cliffhanger)
Heartbreak Soup Palomar Vol 1 Tp (Always been curious to give Love & Rockets another shot, this looks like a good opportunity)
Maggie The Mechanic Locas Vol 1 Tp (Ditto)

No comments: