Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Graphic Novel A Day: Beyond! HC

Writer: Dwayne McDuffie
Artist: Scott Kolins
Company: Marvel
Price: $19.99

This is a great deal, price-wise, as it's an oversized hardcover of a six-issue miniseries for only $20. It also features great superhero comics writing by Dwayne McDuffie and terrific artwork by Scott Kolins. Heck, I'd recommend it for the Dragon-Man fight alone, but there's also a good use of Gravity (up until the end, which I'm still not crazy about), Deathlok, the Dr. Pym incarnation of Hank Pym and Space Phantom, to name only a few. Those whose love of the Marvel Universe extends into the C-listers like me will love this book. Honestly, it's the fringe characters who tend to hold my interest more than the big guys in either universe, and I was glad to see some of my small favorites get the spotlight for a little while.

No comments: