Monday, May 19, 2008

R.I.P Rory Root

I first got the news via an email, but it's been confirmed at Blog@Newsarama, among other places.

There have been a lot of sad obituaries amongst the comics scene and satellite recently, the latest being Will Elder... but this is the first one that kinda knocked me on my ass. I'm honestly just kind of in stunned sadness as I write this. Rory Root was not someone I knew well, but I'd met him a few times at various retailer gatherings, and seen him posting on the retailer forum, and I was always struck that he was a good businessman and a charming and nice man. It never occurred to me that I should have taken the time to get to know him better because he might be gone, because I honestly didn't expect Rory to be gone any time soon.

The comics industry is a poorer place today.

No comments: