Over at my friend Nate Southard's blog, he's posting ten of his goals for 2008. He's invited others to do so. Now Nate's goals include lofty achievements like writing short stories, announcing secret projects, etc. Mine are a bit more... well, lazy is the right word, but let's say modest. So without further ado, my goals for 2008:
1. Clear out the credit card debt and keep it gone for at least the rest of the year
2. Average out to reading at least one prose book a month
3. Average out to doing at least two reviews a month
4. Resist the urge to rub it in the face of every Republican I meet if Obama wins.
5. Resist the urge to throw rocks through windshields with McCain stickers if Obama loses. (I resisted this urge with folks who have Bush/Cheney '04... I feel confident about this one)
6. Get in better shape (this one is thoroughly unlikely)
7. Cut down my cola drinking (see #6 - both parts)
8. Don't die
Really, if I can just achieve that last one, I'm going to consider 2008 a great success.