Monday, September 25, 2006

The New Fall Season - continuing evaluation:
Tonight I watched Heroes (third time total, second time watching the butchered... excuse me, edited for time... version). I liked it on third viewing, and the teaser at the end gives me great hope, but I saw some of the flaws more clearly on third viewing as well, and I really, really think the network would have been wise to give them a 2-hour timeslot to launch with, so they could show the excellent pilot I saw in San Diego. There should be more on Heroes in this week's Comic Pants podcast, unless plans change between now and tomorrow night.

Also watched Studio 60. That one has a pilot I watched five times, and I loved it more each time. The second episode didn't bowl me over continuously the way the first episode did, but it got me good at all the right moments and the final five minutes were killer. As long as Aaron Sorkin is working in television, I'll be watching it.

Was kind of annoyed with the darkness on Heroes and, to a lesser extent, Studio 60. I don't know if my TV is fading out, if NBC was broadcasting darker or if Heroes was shot too dark, but I noticed it here and didn't when I watched the online version of Heroes, so I'm suspecting it's NBC (I hope, and hope it's corrected) or my TV (I hope not, because I really can't afford to buy a new one, despite how much I want one).

EW's feature on Battlestar Galactica and the Galactica webisodes have me jonesing for the October 6 third season premiere, but of course the third season I'm most anticipating is also in that week, as Lost starts up a mini-arc before disappearing into January.

It's a good time to be a TV fan.

No comments: