Thursday, January 19, 2006

An Open Letter to Showtime:
It seems clear that the rumors of Showtime trying to pick up Arrested Development are pretty solid. In fact, the latest I've heard out of EW is that they're offering a two-season pickup, as opposed to ABC's one-season offer. (ABC has Lost now, but I haven't ever really forgiven them for offing Cupid and Karen Sisco so early, so I'd really rather the show go away from networks).

The day that Showtime announces they've signed Arrested Development is the day I call my cable company and order Showtime. I'm already a fan of Weeds and The L Word by way of DVD and friends' taped episodes, all it'll take to push me into a subscription is picking up my favorite comedy on the air (and quite possibly my favorite comedy ever).

I love HBO because they've got Curb, Deadwood, Entourage, Sopranos, etc. But if Showtime picks up Arrested Development, it will immediately become my favorite pay cable network.

No comments: