Sunday, January 01, 2006

Blog Template Update for December
This is the latest monthly update to the left column of the blog, listing my Favorite Comics of the Month, which is my counterpart to Current Favorite TV series, as well as my five favorite first issues of the month and my ten favorite graphic novel reads of the month.

A couple things of note in how I organize these things, for those who care. These listings are alphabetical, not by rank of how much I liked them in comparison. My criteria for what makes the list is when I read them, not necessarily when they were published. And thirdly, I decided to change thing from "Favorite Monthly Series" and "Favorite First Issues" to "Favorite Comics" so that I'm recommending twenty things that I read in the month instead of 10 ongoing series and 5 first issues. It's less useful as a gauge of my overall tastes, but more useful as a "must-read" for the month. Oh, and graphic novels won't be listed in Favorite Comics... that's strictly for issues.

Finally, the updates are for the month of December... January just barely started. So all my favorites will be anywhere from a week to a full month old, but these are meant to be sort of "standing" preferences anyway. I cheated in a few cases, notably TV, as I put Entourage on given that I've been watching reruns each week, despite there not being any new episodes. January will see no need to cheat again, as three of my favorite shows (Battlestar Galactica, The Shield and 24) all make their return in that month.

Also, on the links end of things, I've taken away links to some of the comics stuff (they might return eventually, but not at the moment) and added in links to some of the stuff on my regular online reading list, mostly in the form of RSS feeds. I'm still coding some of those links, so for this month it's Non-RSS links and RSS feeds of comics and art blogs that I read.

No comments: