Thursday, October 30, 2008

And Another Reason to Hate That Austin is in Texas

23% of Texans believe Obama is a muslim. As comedy/political site 23/6 puts it, "The remaining 77% probably live in Austin."

I love living in Austin. And I love a lot of things about Texas, including the climate, the wide variety of good Tex-Mex and (God help me) the Texas accent and cowboy aesthetic, which I just find kinda charming and imitable.

But most of the culture of Texas makes me want to shake my head, because there is a lot of "racist hick" in that culture.

23%. Jesus. You dumb bastards.

2 comments:

M. Robert Turnage said...

And calling them insulting names is the best way for them to side with you. :)

I kid about this, but I have many family members near and dear to me who fall into the 23% camp. It is a tough place to be.

If it is any consolation, you can listen to the This American Life where they discover that Pennsylvania is not much better.

http://thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=367

Randy said...

Actually, I couldn't finish listening to that episode of This American Life because it was making me want to drive my car into a telephone pole. ;)