Saturday, May 13, 2006

Weekly Comics That Went - May 10, 2006:
Because of vacation and moving, I didn't get a chance to post what I was intending to pick up and read last week. So here, for those who care, is that list:

ALREADY READ:
52 Week #1 (Pretty slow-burn opening... I'm kind of meh on the whole thing, as I've been on IC in general. Nice (most likely Morrison-scripted) stuff with Booster Gold, though, reminding me of old school Dan Jurgens Booster Gold. I'll follow for a few issues at least, but my optimism has faded)
American Virgin #3 (Great third issue, and while I'm not sure how long the concept can sustain, right now the creative team is firing on all cylinders)
Annihilation Super Skrull #2 (Good lord, the kid sidekicks in cosmic adventures are annoying. Solid, but unspectacular)
Borrowed Time #1 (Great story by Neal Shaffer, great art by Joe Infurnari, nice Twilight Zone-ish feel... probably my favorite thing I read that week)
Cthulhu Tales #1 (Anthology, which means mixed bag, but there were a couple of real good stories)
Deogratias Tale Of Rwanda Gn (I'm rooting for First Second, but while the art on this one was gorgeous, the story didn't engage me)
Ex Machina #20 (Cruising along, but I can't help but feel like I'm reading it on autopilot at the moment, and I need something stronger to jolt me back to loving it)
Fables #49 (This, on the other hand, I still love. It is easily my favorite series running right now)
Jonah Hex #7 (I think I've had my fill of Jonah Hex. It's a good book, but I think there's only so much formula western I can enjoy, no matter how solid the craft)
She-Hulk 2 #7 (This I loved, despite it's non-traditional take on Starfox)
True Loves Vol 1 Gn (Very good romance-drama story, I'm looking forward to volume two, which will see the burgeoning relationship in later days)

No comments: