Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Weekly Comics to Come - October 3, 2007

TOP FIVE
Buffy The Vampire Slayer #7 (Vaughan wrote the best issue of Buffy thus far last issue... can't wait to see where he goes next)
JLA Hitman #2 (Loved the first issue, hope Ennis and McCrea can give it a good part two)
Miki Falls Vol 3 (Terrific new story in a manga vein by Akiko creator Mark Crilley)
Question Zen And Violence Vol 1 TP (Been wanting to read these O'Neil/Cowan stories for a long, long time)
Transformers Devastation #1 (Surprised at how much I've been anticipating the next leg of IDW's Transformers reboot)

THE REST
Annihilation Book 1 TP (I got the hardcovers, but I'm glad to see this saga back in print, it's one of Marvel's best books of 2006)
Empowered Vol 2 TP (More of Adam Warren's pinup/parody book)
Essential Moon Knight Vol 2 TP (Still need to read my volume 1, actually... but I'm picking this up because it's almost entirely Moench/Sienkiewicz stuff)
Lobster Johnson The Iron Prometheus #2 (First issue was pulpy fun)
Metamorpho Year One #1 (Dan Jurgens writes and draws, and I've always had a bit of a fondness for Metamorpho... although a re-telling of his origin isn't exactly what I'm looking for)
Omega Unknown #1 (Terrific Dalrymple art... weird, weird story)
Vinyl Underground #1 (New Vertigo book... nice Sean Phillips covers, not sure about it beyond that)
Vogelein Old Ghosts GN (I've actually read this second graphic novel about Jane Irwin's clockwork faerie, and it's as effective and imaginative as the first one)

No comments: