Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Look! Idiot Democrats!

My political views do tend to skew anti-Republican, but I don't exactly leap for joy at the prospect of a Democratic majority either. Their inability to do *anything* with the majority they regained in '06, combined with the generally spineless way they go about "opposing" the Bush Administration's policies, has me pretty well disgusted with the Democratic party as well.

Then I saw that top Democrats are proposing a war surtax, and that only reinforces that there really isn't a good party in America. They're both filled with opportunists and idiots. I particularly love this quote:

The surtax would be "a percentage of your tax bill," said House Appropriations Committee Chairman Dave Obey, D-Wisconsin. "And if you don't like the cost, then shut down the war."

Wait... shut down the war? How exactly would I, random taxpayer, do that? Isn't that what we elected you dim-bulbs to do? You want to tax me more because you guys aren't doing the job we elected you for, the job opinion polls tell you we want you to do? What the hell kind of sense does that make?

Now, this measure is unlikely to ever get anywhere. The Democratic party has been clear that they don't support the measure, it's just political grand-standing. But it's *stupid* political grand-standing.

No comments: