Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Comics for February 17, 2010

Finally got around to reading comics for this week, and I'm still behind, need to read Incorruptible #3, Joe the Barbarian #2 and the new Atomic Robo, plus 28 Days Later and some other Boom! stuff I've gotten behind on.

Incredible Hercules #141 (The whole "Assault on New Olympus" thing has been hit and miss for me, and I miss the more confident, assured Amadeus Cho - this whole story has been a touch dark and full of "look! It's a twist and a crazy status quo change!" for me. I'd rather have Hercules dressed as Thor sleeping with blue elf girls, honestly. Still good, but falling short of the great where it was.)

Guardians of the Galaxy #23 (Love the story, especially like the Guardians playing secret service to Blastaar and Crystal. The art... Wes Craig is a very good, stylish artist, but his style is a bad fit for this particular book. I hope to see more of him, but I don't think he works here.)

Daredevil #505 (Continuing to love this. Very Kill Bill O-Ren Ishii styled with Daredevil in Japan, and I like exploring the structure of the Hand. I dig Marco Checchetto's art, too)
Also bought: Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys Vol 7, Starman Omnibus Vol 4

No comments: