Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Weekly Comics for July 1, 2009

Agents of Atlas #7 (Still weirded out by the cousins marrying thing, and this issue had a lot going on, not all of it interesting to me... weaker issue for me)

Batman and Robin #2 (So far, I'm loving the Morrison/Quitely Batman. It's not as good as their All-Star Superman, but it's hard to imagine what could be)

Captain America Reborn #1 (Brubaker has earned some rope with the handling of Cap's death and Bucky's ascension, but so far... this has all the hallmarks of a bad idea)

Chew #2 (Missed this on my first pass, but remembered on Thursday. Good thing, as it was my favorite read of the week. Layman and Guillory really have something here. Last time I was this excited by an Image series was Walking Dead.)

Greek Street #1 (I'm honestly not sure what I just read. Very disjointed first issue)

Uncanny X-Men #513 (Huh. Guess I'll check back in after the Dark Avengers crossover is over. Yikes.)

War of Kings #5 (Big, epic sci-fi action as Abnett and Lanning have pretty much perfected at Marvel. Can't wait to see what comes next, and what changes spin out of this.)

Witchfinder In The Service of Angels #1 (Supernatural 19th century adventure from Mike Mignola... it's a great read, of course)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Notice how Marvel went all "LOST" for the Reborn series?

Very disappointed.