Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goodreads Review: Peter Parker Spider-Man Volume 4

Peter Parker Spider-Man Vol. 4: Trials and Tribulations Peter Parker Spider-Man Vol. 4: Trials and Tribulations by Paul Jenkins


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Honestly, this book would generally rate three stars from me, maybe even four stars for the fun Vulture vs. Spider-Man in the snow outing or the story where Aunt May talks to Peter about his life as Spider-Man, now that she knows the truth.

But what makes this a five-star book is the story "Heroes Don't Cry" about a young boy named LaFronce and his (imaginary) relationship with Spider-Man, which is by turns funny, heart-breaking and uplifting and is probably my favorite thing that Paul Jenkins has ever written. It is also among my top five Spider-Man stories ever.

View all my reviews.

My original review of "Heroes Don't Cry" from Fourth Rail

No comments: