Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekly Comics to Come - December 10, 2008

Let's see if I can actually update this weekly through December.

TOP FIVE
Courtney Crumrin And Prince Of Nowhere TP (Always a treat, new Courtney by Ted Naifeh)
Nova Annihilation HC (Oversized hardcover of the Abnett/Lanning Nova series? Yes, please!)
Phonogram 2 #1 (McKelvie's art actually looks even better than his last two projects, and I'm curious to check this out and see if I can make heads or tails of the story without the necessary musical background)
Warhammer 40k Fire & Honor #4 (Concluding the latest Warhammer book from Boom! - or maybe there's one more to go? Good, at any rate)
Wonderful Wizard Of Oz #1 (Eric Shanower writes the Wizard of Oz, from the beginning. Skottie Young's art style on it looks intriguing as well)

THE REST
Booster Gold #15 (This is on my "take it or leave it" list, which usually means I'll stop reading it soon, but on a light week, I'll still give it a read)
Final Crisis #5 (Yes, it's a little nonsensical, but in a more interesting way than Secret Invasion, which is painful even to skim read)
Justice League Of America #27 (On the upside, the Milestone characters return and Dwayne McDuffie is writing. On the downside, the DCU is lame/annoying as hell lately thanks to editorial direction/crossover-itis, and I'm no fan of Ed Benes's art)
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 1 Legacy HC (Love this book, hate Marvel's premiere hardcovers... so I'll wait for the trade)

No comments: