Thursday, February 07, 2008

More Politics

Barack Obama gave a speech in New Orleans. Full text is here, partial video is here:



I'm angry about a lot of things the Bush Administration has done, from the Iraq War to the Patriot Act to the creation of the Orwellian Department of Homeland Security. But nothing made me angrier or more frustrated than what happened in New Orleans. If I ever talk to George W. Bush (yeah, that's likely) that is the first thing I will ask him. Aren't you ashamed? Don't you have trouble sleeping after all the people who died, after a great city was nearly destroyed, helped in large part by your incompetence and the incompetence of the people in your administration?

Also, the link is to a left-skewing site, so take analysis with a grain of salt, but apparently John McCain skipped out on the vote for the economic stimulus package. Didn't vote yes, didn't vote no, skipped out to avoid making a decision or a statement on one of the few things Congress has accomplished in recent years. I said recently that if it came down to McCain or Clinton, I'd vote McCain. I now know that to be passing insanity. I'll vote independent, McCain is no longer even remotely deserving of my respect or my vote.

No comments: