Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Graphic Novel A Day: Robotika HC

Writer/Artist: Alex Sheikman
Company: Archaia Studios
Price: $19.95 ($13.57 at Amazon)

I already wrote a full review espousing my love of Robotika at Comic Pants, so I won't repeat too much about the substance of the book, what it's about, how great the art is, etc. here. What I will say is that, as usual, Archaia serves up production values that are worthy of the high class, beautifully-drawn comics that they've published. A nice hardcover, for only $20, reproducing Sheikman's future samurai/cyberpunk epic with two forewords, one by Ron Marz and one by Ted McKeever, plus a nice little sketch section in the back. Best part of all? The last page is a black and white image that promises more Robotika in 2007. Can't wait.

By the way, Amazon says it ships this within 1 to 3 months, which is an obscenely long time. I always recommend supporting your local comics shop when possible, but in this case I especially recommend it, or maybe seeking any of the number of fine graphic novel purveyors online if you don't have a local shop. Otherwise you might be waiting months to get the book.

No comments: