Thursday, April 05, 2007

Comicon Las Vegas

Katherine Keller of Sequential Tart has an excellent article up arguing why the San Diego Comicon should make plans to move to Vegas sooner rather than later.

I agree whole-heartedly. I love San Diego, and the town is part of the reason I'm always excited to go, but it's gotten to where you have to book your hotel a year in advance, and even then there's no guarantee. Vegas would have no such problems, the flights would be cheaper from almost anywhere (meaning more money to spend at the Con itself) and the city certainly doesn't lack for other things to do.

I really hope that the planners behind Comicon are looking into this. I love San Diego, but just as with last year, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to attend, simply because I can't find a place to stay that's anywhere within reasonable distance. And I started looking in February, five months before the convention takes place.

No comments: