Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekly Comics for March 10, 2010

The Unwritten #11 (Fascinating story about a bit of literature & film I was unfamiliar with, this book reminds me a lot of all the things I liked about Sandman)

Batman & Robin #10 (The writing on this is Morrison at his most scattershot, wild ideas sometimes landing and sometimes going off wild, but while it may not be his most coherent book, it remains exceptionally readable. Far below All-Star Superman and his New X-Men run as far as his superhero work, at least for me, but I must admit I love the freshness he's bringing to it. And Andy Clarke, stepping in on art, does an able job of filling the big shoes Cameron Stewart left for him.)

Criminal The Sinners #5 (Actually upbeat, as far as Criminal endings go, which means its still dark and gritty and riveting)

BPRD King of Fear #3 (Man, these poor guys can't catch a break. No matter what they do, somebody is destined to end the world.)

Daytripper #4 (Slice-of-life tales, beautifully illustrated, with a touch of tragedy and a surprisingly familiar ending motif... great read.)

Also bought: Modern Masters Guy Davis, Splendid Magic of Penny Arcade

No comments: