Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh. My. God.
I am a format whore when it comes to my comics, but I am not a book fetishist. I don't go out of my way for first editions, I don't care if it's hardcover or battered paperback, and honestly, my novel and plain old prose reading is just way down from what it used to be.

But... this makes me drool and makes me wish I had $4000 in loose money lying around and a library room in the house to keep it in. In addition to a variety of literature and essays that would be interesting and of great use to my children as they start to go to school and get interested in reading, they've got pop culture treasures like early crime collections, works by Hammett and Chandler, a collection of Lovecraft and next year they're doing a volume for Philip K. Dick.

I think I might have to start buying a few volumes of these when I get done reading my graphic novel overstock.

No comments: