Thursday, December 27, 2018

Best of 2018 - Top 10 New Comics

Best New Series:

Marvel has 5 of my top 9 (up from 2 last year), Image has 2 (down from 6), DC has two (like last year), and Lion Forge has one (up from zero). Five of them are superhero books, up from four last year. The other two are science-fiction and gaming/fantasy.

  1. Domino #1-8, Annual #1 (Marvel)
  2. X-Men Red #1-10, Annual #1 (Marvel)
  3. Immortal Hulk #1-10 (Marvel)
  4. Tony Stark Iron Man #1-6 (Marvel)
  5. Skyward #1-8 (Image)
  6. Crowded #1-5 (Image)
  7. Rolled & Told #1-4 (Lion Forge)
  8. Hawkman #1-6 (DC)
  9. Fantastic Four #1-5 (Marvel)
  10. Green Lantern #1-2 (DC)

New Series That Are Too New To Judge:

These series are not quite far enough for me to judge them Best New Series yet, but I really like them all, and can see any of them making my Best Continuing Series next year. Because I don't think it's fair to compare a single issue or a two- or three-issue run to the more extended runs above, I'm ranking them separately. Last year, there were only 4 on this list, one of which made my Best Ongoing and two of which made the "also ran" list. This year there are 6.
  1. Firefly #1-2 (Boom!)
  2. Outer Darkness #1-2 (Image)
  3. Killmonger #1-2 (Marvel)
  4. Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider #1-3 (Marvel)
  5. Exorsisters #1-3 (Image)
  6. American Carnage #1-2 (DC/Vertigo)

No comments: