Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekly Comics to Come - July 2, 2008

TOP FIVE
Astonishing X-Men #25 (Bianchi's sketchbook has me kind of enthusiastic for the Ellis/Bianchi run. It looks like X-Men via crazy European comics style, and that could be fun)
Fables #74 (Another fantastic story arc for Fables started last issue, and they're leading into something big next issue)
Manhunter #32 (Returned strong, and even my worries that I might not enjoy Gaydos' art were misfounded)
Usagi Yojimbo Vol 22 Tomoes Story TP (I've read all or most of these already, but they're really good, and a new Usagi trade is always a treat)
Walking Dead #50 (Big status quo shakeups continue, I expect... I'm back on the edge of my seat with this book)

THE REST
Billy Batson And The Magic Of Shazam #1 (Mike Kunkel follows up on Smith's Shazam take... that's pretty genius creative casting by DC)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer #16 (A new story arc, or maybe a one-shot... after that last arc, I'm excited for more)
Dynamo 5 #14 (Continues to be one of my favorite superhero books)
Hellboy The Crooked Man #1 (Mignola and Corben on Hellboy again... woo!)
Jonah Hex #33 (Darwyn Cooke art, which makes this one of those rare single issues I'll probably buy)
Noble Causes #35 (I had advance copies of #32-34, so I've been anticipating this one for a long time)
Northlanders #7 (Closing in on the end of the first arc, and I've been enjoying the book more and more with each issue)
Station #1 (Sounds like Whiteout on a space station, with a murder mystery in an isolated locale... I'm intrigued)
Storming Paradise #1 (Dixon and Guice on an alternate history World War II story)
Wondermark Beards Of Our Forefathers HC (Malki's crazy-cool webcomic gets a swanky hardcover... I saw a friend's copy that he got at MOCCA, can't wait to buy my own)
Zombie Tales #2 (Dug the first issue, I'll definitely check in on this one)

No comments: