Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekly Recap - September 25th, 2010

Intro/Random:
Playing a little Rock Band, whether singing, drumming or guitaring, always improves my mood, whether I'm in a good mood or bad mood to start with. I should remember this.

I started the home office reorganization on Wednesday, and abandoned it halfway through. These things must be done in stages! Stage 2 has not occurred yet.

On Saturday, my son attached a small bungie cord to my extra Rock Band drums and was jumping down while holding it, saying "Yoinks and away!" Not too surprising, given that he's been watching Daffy Duck's Robin Hood impression at least once a day lately. But funny.

TV/Movies:
Wow, Monday is a crowded TV night all of a sudden. First impressions: Lone Star is a great pilot, the lead has a very Clooney-esque quality and I have *no* idea how they're gonna sustain the cons, but I'm interested in seeing where it goes. (Apparently, it's going into quick cancellation. Ratings were *terrible*)

Chuck came back strong, as always, and remains one of my favorite shows.

Hawaii 5-0: Beautiful to look at, plays like a solid action movie remake of the franchise... and I actually thought O'Loughlin was decent as the lead of the ensemble. I'll keep watching.

Running Wilde: Maybe it was all the bad-mouthing by Fienberg & Sepinwall, but I thought it was OK. Mediocre, sure, but a couple of laughs and I see some potential in the premise.

Undercovers: OK, but both Hawaii 5-0 and Nikita are better action shows among this year's crop of new shows.

Other Links:
I haven't actually read a ton of Pratchett's work. But this story makes it clear that he is awesome.

Not only do they make great music and amazing videos... they're dog lovers. OK Go, you are also awesome.

Dan Savage's "It Gets Better" is a fantastic idea, and should be spread far and wide.

No comments: